Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Quotes

I'm pretty sure most quotes about love were written by a woman who was trying to make herself feel better about her love life. The fact is that men, er, boys, are just odd.

I am very blessed to have so many fantastic girl friends in my life, so I hear lots, and LOTS of bizarre stories about the pursuit of love and marriage. There are countless books, affirmations and inspirational quotes to get us through the challenges of relationships and break ups, but in reality, we put so many of these uncertainties and insecurities on ourselves. If every woman I describe above knew her true value to ANY man lucky enough to even get a "hello," then maybe the crap storms would never brew in the first place.

My advice? Life is short. Things happen for a reason. And as my friend Jess says, people never say "every thing happens for a reason!" when things are going well. They say them when things don't go their way. I have personally been through several break-ups where I felt this way, and I regret not ONE of them now and I truly am glad things panned out the way they did.

Patience SUCKS. I suppose "they" say it's a virtue. This is a virtue I haven't learned to master. So, get out there and make yourself happy. Because until you are happy with yourself, no one else can make you happy.

No one ever said love was easy ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment