Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Jinsei

Ok, so I experienced total love in my mouth Friday night at Jinsei (no, Casey, not like YOU'RE thinking...) Brandon and I had some of the best sushi we've ever had, and we have had a LOT of sushi. We ordered three rolls: Red Dragon, Lobster, and Bubblegum. The Red Dragon was a spicy tuna roll with cucumber topped with tuna sashimi. Very spicy but a swig of what was supposed to be an "extra dirty" martini (it was very very "vodka-y" instead) helped quell the fire. The lobster roll was perfect, with lobster tempura inside the roll and again tuna sashimi on top. The bubblegum roll was filled with shrimp tempura and topped with seared tuna and some amazing sauce (probably called "yum-yum" sauce or something Japanese people think American's will think is cute). I was very surprised that the place was very tiny, but I loved the atmosphere. Service was great, too. A must-eat if you're in Bham! I'm kicking myself for not snapping a picture of our artful dinner...

1 comment: